14.11.08

Bummed

Okay, that is the only word to sum it up for me right now-- bummed.

Okay, so this kinda gets complicated here, but last year I got the Sims 2 H&M Stuff for the computer. My mom didn't notice the little "Sims 2 Required" at the bottom. How the Sims and all the expansion packs work is that there is the original, The Sims 2. You can get H&M, for example, that provides you with lots of extra clothes and a few furnishings, but the basic game remains the same. The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack actually adds features to the game, like there is a downtown and you can get vampires and stuff.
So, what I did, I borrowed the original Sims 2 from my friend Hayli, installed it, and then installed H&M stuff. I returned the Sims 2 disc to Hayli, because I could access the Sims 2 game from the H&M disc. Confusing, right? But sweet.
So that is on our upstairs computer, and my sis and I play it and yada yada yada. I tried to install it on my computer in my room, but it did not work because my stupid clunky computer was just too outdated.
Now, I have a new computer. It's newer and faster (but not an expensive Mac or anything, don't be getting the impression that I'm rich or anything, it's an old school computer that cost $50) so I wanted to install the Sims down here, where I could download mods and hacks and stuff that wouldn't interfere upstairs. So I asked my Auntie to buy it for me when she went to the City (which is what we lame small-town folk call the biggest city closest to us.) I got all hyped up, cuz I positively adore the Sims and cheats and was excited about testing out the mods and stuff. I must have written it down wrong, because she looked for The Sims and not the Sims 2. They are two very different things, I tell you. TRUST ME.
So now I am sitting here, not hacking or downloading or extracting files or getting fake promotions or seeing how many girlfriends I can get my one guy to have. (My record, by the way, is eight. Plus also he has two boyfriends. Fun, fun...tee-hee.) Pointless existence!
Okay, not quite, I guess. But close. I will warn you...the Sims is really addictive and I find it really fun. Seriously, on You Tube there are like a million and one fun Sims cheats and glitches. And some that make me throw up in my mouth a little.

Still, in all, the Sims is like wicked awesome. I want to see the little green diamond icon on my desktop RIGHT NOW.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Bye. I'll go do the Physio-therapy stretches my physio-gal person set me up with. Ow.

P.S. I don't like my blogger template. I really liked the black...it makes it stand out that much more...

3 comments:

Dibsy said...

Oh I feel you girlfriend. My game system was so 7 years ago. Not many cool games that are new can be played on it. T_T

Anonymous said...

I'm not much of a video game person, to tell you the truth, so I'm having some difficult understanding your predicament, but I'm sure it's highly traumitizing. :) Maybe your addiction to the computer is making you depressed. Try this: lay off the video games for a week and spend some time reading...at the library...in England. That could be fun. ^_^

P.S. Autumn Rider prelude posted on autumnriderstory.blogspot.com. Please check it out and grant me some wicked feedback. In...need...of constructive...critisim!

Dibsy said...

I like this template, or maybe I just never have been alive here long enough to see the black one. -_-