24.8.08

School

Yes, it's that time of year again. That's usually the intro for some Christmas thing, but not this time. It's the time when golden summer breezes metamorph into crisp autumn wind. The glowing green trees slowly subside to dripping red and gold leaves. And the doors of the school open, the warm air wafting inside while you numb your brain under the harsh flourescent lights. (Okay, so winds don't have colors, and school doesn't actually numb your brain. Whatever. It sounds cool-just don't think that school is bad. It's not. Plus, how are my poetic descriptions?) Anyhoo, you all know what I mean-new binders, new shoes, new pens. The time of year that summer ends. (hey, that could make a good poem!!!) MY school starts on August 25th this year. AUGH! AUGUST!!!!! (25TH!!!!!!) I mean, sure we get a break in February when all the rich people go to Mexico and the poor suckers like us wither away in front of the PS2. But what can you do in February besides go to Mexico? Pretty much nothing! What can you do in the summer besides snowboarding? Pretty much everything! This year in Feb, though, my family may be going to Table Mountain, which is a big, fake-snow covered hill that they plopped in some chairlifts and a concession and declared it a ski and snowboarding mountain. In truth, I like it there, especially since on our last school trip there I learned to parallel ski. So, back to the subject, school. I need to go to bed early tonite, say eight o'clockish, because my school doors open at 8:30 and I need to get there then in order to get a "good" desk (one with not much graffitti, has a binder shelf underneath and doesn't wobble.) Even though I'm pretty sure the desks in my seventh-grade classroom are fairly new, there's always a kid or two who's skilled at engraving initials in pen. Plus, you always wanna sit near your friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your poetic descriptions are excellent! Seriously, I love the way you write! It's breath-taking! I think you're so talented and are gonna be a wicked awesome writer one day.
(By the way, that would make a terrific poem.)
You start school tomorrow? Wow. School in my sleepy little town starts September 2nd, and I haven't got myself more supplies then a few dull pencils. Good luck at school tomorrow, and I'll say it again, you're an incredibly talented writer!
Oh, almost forgot; were you serious when you offered to edit some of my book for me? 'Cause you were, I would love to e-mail you a few chapters and you can e-mail me some constructive thoughts in return.
Let me know. ^_^

jaecy bells said...

dude, i was totally serious! My email is pepsijinx101@yahoo.com, or koolj8@hotmail.com. What's your email? And also thanx for the compliment, didn't think it was that good :)

Anonymous said...

My e-mail is j-mimzy@hotmail.com. I'll add you to my contact list as soon as possible so I can send you some of the chapters. I'm so glad I've got another person to critique for me, thanks for offering!
By the way, do you have the MSN instant messaging service thingy (whatever the heck it's called)?

jaecy bells said...

yeah, I do! My email is koolj8@hotmail.com and I have MSN Messenger (if that's what it is.) This will be cool!!