6.2.09

Friday at Last

Ahh, at last it is Friday. I have been longing for Friday ever since Monday. Know the feeling?

Today at school we watched a pretty cool video about fear in the brain and stuff, and they interviewed a woman (Brooke Hayes--I don't really know how I remember her name) about her phobia of snakes. Even when a zookeeper took a small snake out of a basket and held it carefully, she was standing about three metres away and was on the verge of a panic attack. They were explaining about this little walnut-sized thingie in the brain that signals the body to release chemicals like adrenaline and stuff, but please don't ask me to recount it word for word, cuz it ain't gonna happen.
In PE, we went cross country skiing. I only fell twice...but I didn't know how to get up. (Thanks for the assistance, Kensey.)
My brother had a hockey game and my friend Alex and I sold 50/50 tickets. I got to yell, lucky me, so we basically walked around with me hollering, "FIFTY FIFTY TICKETS! ANYONE?" We sold one hundred and sixty-nine dollars worth, so yay us.
There was a new episode of Ghost Whisperer on tonight. Woot. It was really good! But I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, or wants to see it, or whatevs.
Finally, my throat hurts. I hope I'm not coming down with the flu...and if I am...I hope it doesn't kick in until Monday.

No comments: