1.11.09

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month. (see, NAtionalNOvelWRItingMOnth. It's clever.)

I know, technically, you should be taking a fresh idea and taking a nice month to splurt it all out and be left with a full, crappy, ugly manuscript. I will be, as of now, taking a break from mermaids and moving on to vampires. I know, vampires are kind of lame now. I feel they're on their way out. If only I had completed Clarabelle before. A year earlier. It would have published, with the vampire wave. But I didn't. Anyways, it's different. It's a different age group. A different story. With a Twilight analogy, more like Alice's and Bella's relationship. Not a romantic one.

Last night I went to a Halloween party. It was fairly tame. We watched Children of the Corn. It was strange and twisted. A bunch of Jesus freaks in a warped cult, led by this nine year old prophet kill all adult sinners. I liked it, though. It's like, my first horror movie.

Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I once watched Children of the Corn with my friend. During the movie, I was absent-mindedly playing with a faux plastic knife with a case around the blade so that red liquid could swirl around inside. The liquid leaked all over my hands and on my knees.

I did not notice I was all fake-bloody until the end of the film.

:) Pfft. Anyway...

JOHNNEY DEPP