31.8.09

Bottom of the Food Chain

That's where I am right now. "Fresh Bait," is what some of the big, scary seniors were calling us today. But I don't really care, because I'm in high school now!!!

YEA! It was a very awesome, interesting day today. I entered the school with some of my friends. Kensey and Aaleah and I were too frightened to go by ourself. Because honey, that's just askin' for it. We all went to Kensey's before school, because we were there by like, eight fifteen, because we were hyper. Kensey's parents were at work, so I mused aloud: "You know, it seems a tad dangerous, doesn't it? Three out-of-control freshies ALONE in this fragile house?"

They agreed. All summer I had been bopping up and down with hyperactivity and bubbling excitement for high school. But I must confess, I was nervous as I walked up there. It was kind of uncomfortable strolling the hallways. Although we weren't really "strolling". We were kind of walking quickly with our shoulders all tensed up. Kensey was in a different homeroom. But it wasn't really frightening, because our school is fairly small. 160 students. We know everyone. Plus, my parents are teachers--kindergarten and 11-12 ELA--so most of the teachers have came and partied at our house. It's a little weird, but not bad.

Aaleah and I were in Mrs. B's room. I'm initialling, because I don't wanna be held responsible for cyber-stalking and whatnot. So, we hung out in the classrooms, because we're not cool enough to roam the hallways.

Yet.

Mrs. B gave us about six different colored papers, and then handed out our locker combos. We practiced on them. It was hard. Maybe I'm just a dork. Or unintelligent. Probably. But anyways, Aaleah is right next to me, which we thought was cool until we both tried to put our stuff into our lockers at the same time. Bang, bang, rattle-bing-bang. Ow.

In ELA, Mrs. T asked if anyone knew the longest word in the English dictionary. I knew it. She asked, and I said tentatively, "floccinaucinihilipilification?"

She smiled. "Can you say that louder?" And I did, and I could spell it, too, but I didn't tell her that. I don't like to show off (huge lie.) Ha ha. She showed us on the board and la-la and then we went to an assembly and the SRC gave us Survival Kits. It was a paper bag with Ivory soap, mini-deodorant, hairspray, female stuff, shampoo, bandaids, and a sucker. I think it's their subtle way of telling us we stink.

In high school, you get an extra-long lunch hour and only five periods all day. Five that are one hour long. There are three in the morning, and two in the afternoon. I love it. It makes the day seem shorter.

In the afternoon, we had PE with Mr. C. He cheerfully guarenteed that we would be in better shape by the end of the year and would also spend a lot of class on conditioning. A.K.A., we're all gonna die. But all we did was play swampball for half the class, and it was fun, though I realized I was in worse shape than I realized. I'm going to hurt. But Mr. C is a firm believer in fitness, and he's been my ball coach before, and he's a cool guy, and fitness is a great thing to do. I don't like it, but I do want to get in better shape.

Last class was Health with Mr. A. We discussed what surprised us about high school, what is better in high school than elementary, and vice versa. Then we did a trick question test, with questions like "how much dirt is in a 3x4x2 hole?"

Obviously, you have to multiply the height by the width and add the length to get the volume. Like, duh.

I know no one actually cares about this, but I figured I'd give you the rundown anyway. I finally settled on a "style" for my blog. I made a new header. I was all inspired after Jehsyka's "Shades of Gray," which I loved. It works for her. But I like dramatic black, but I love color as well.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I want to actually work tomorrow. Have fun at school, all! It really is awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you have begun school. As has Lealah. Has Lexi? I feel as though I am the only one left in the blogging world who has yet to write a post on her first day back.

High school seems wooondaful. I know the same feeling, the liking to learning. Sadly, that goes away soon. ):

My orientation is in two days. Meaning schedules. Exciting.

PS I'm glad I inspired you, and your blog looks beautiful!

jaecy bells said...

Thank you, Jehsyka. I will be haunting your blog, waiting for a "First Day" post.