27.8.09

Dragonfly Symmetry

Dragonfly; flutter by,
Beat your wings in ecstasy.
Quick to live, slow to die,
Life aligning perfectly.

We could learn how to fly
Find out who we want to be.
Start your journey to the sky,
Life aligning perfectly.

Dragonfly, tell us why,
You know to never disagree.
Why you take to the sky
Intent on perfect symmetry.


We must take to the sky
Join the others flying free
We could flow, we could try
To live in perfect symmetry.



Who has any ideas about the meaning and message of the poem? Did you like it? Let me know. (It's my poem, by the way. Just to clear that up.)

2 comments:

Lee Bells said...

Hey Jaecy. I like the poem. It reminds me of a poem about experience by William Blake (1800's) Called Tyger, Tyger. He compares a lamb (new and innocent) to a tyger (experienced). He uses the term symmetry. Read it. Or maybe you did. Good job. CYA. Dad

Lexi said...

oh hello, new blog! new layout.. thing. Very pretty. Nice. Like the poem!

The poem is very nice and pretty. I am not very deep, so I won't try to dissect it.